November 18th, 2011, was just another average day. I had just gotten off work and headed home to shower. Working at a restaurant you would think you would love smelling like pizza all day. Yeah it gets old fast! Trevor didn’t get off work until 8:30pm so I had no problem getting out of the shower, quickly blow drying my hair(halfway), and putting on leggings and a simple shirt. You have to realize that I’m not the type of person that usually does that, but I thought to myself I will just change and do my hair/makeup when Trevor gets off. I went down stairs and my mom came up to me and said, “We think Grandpa is missing, will you and Makensie (my sister) drive and look for him?” I hurry and put on some shoes and we’re about ready to go and my mom looks at me and says, “Are you really going to wear that??” To which I respond, “It’s not like I’m going to a dance or anything, no one is going to see me!” (Yeah right)
We end up in Salem and Makensie tells me to drive to the Salem Pond. I drive there, then park. “I don’t see anyone here, let’s look somewhere else.” She then grabs this bag out from under the seat, makes me get out of the car and proceeds to speed off. I look around then and see a bunch of ribbon tied to trees. I look down at the bag and on top there is a note to me. It tells me to read this homemade book and follow it to the corresponding tree. The book was labeled “12 reasons why I love you.” The first page said, “You are so sweet.” I then went to tree #1 and found a bag that had a huge cupcake in it. The second page said, “You are beautiful!” Tree#2 had a mirror tied to it. Etc. Etc. The trees led me to a bridge where Trevor was standing with a big smile on his face and a dozen roses.
As I walk up the bridge these are my thoughts: Why isn’t he at work? Is he going to propose? Ahh! I think he’s going to propose!! Shoot..Why didn’t I get ready?! Trevor hugs/kisses me then says some really cute stuff and gets down on one knee. He gets a little teary eyed and I’m freaking out. He asks, I say yes and guess what? His cousin and my sister are there documenting how beautiful I look that day…oh..and the engagement. :] We headed back to my house and told my family. Then we headed to Red Robin, the place where we had our very first date. I guess you could say November 18th was not just another average day. :)
We end up in Salem and Makensie tells me to drive to the Salem Pond. I drive there, then park. “I don’t see anyone here, let’s look somewhere else.” She then grabs this bag out from under the seat, makes me get out of the car and proceeds to speed off. I look around then and see a bunch of ribbon tied to trees. I look down at the bag and on top there is a note to me. It tells me to read this homemade book and follow it to the corresponding tree. The book was labeled “12 reasons why I love you.” The first page said, “You are so sweet.” I then went to tree #1 and found a bag that had a huge cupcake in it. The second page said, “You are beautiful!” Tree#2 had a mirror tied to it. Etc. Etc. The trees led me to a bridge where Trevor was standing with a big smile on his face and a dozen roses.
As I walk up the bridge these are my thoughts: Why isn’t he at work? Is he going to propose? Ahh! I think he’s going to propose!! Shoot..Why didn’t I get ready?! Trevor hugs/kisses me then says some really cute stuff and gets down on one knee. He gets a little teary eyed and I’m freaking out. He asks, I say yes and guess what? His cousin and my sister are there documenting how beautiful I look that day…oh..and the engagement. :] We headed back to my house and told my family. Then we headed to Red Robin, the place where we had our very first date. I guess you could say November 18th was not just another average day. :)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment