Summer
Tuesday, March 5, 2013
The Rocking Chair
The other night on our drive home, Trevor and I saw an old yellow rocking chair sitting on the side of the road. One side of the chair was broken, but the piece was sitting right by it. My parents know the people who live there, and said they would ask if we could take it. I knew if we waited for a response though someone else would get it. So we grabbed it, shoved it into our little car, and sped away. (Don't worry I told my mom we would bring it back if the neighbors weren't getting rid of it. That's the right thing to do, isn't it? Take the chair so no one else gets it, then return it later if we need to. .?) Well the next day my mom got an email from the lady. She said that anything that is set out by the road can be taken. (Few!) She then told her the following story: When she was newly married they found it sitting outside of a house. A leg was broken and a free sign was on it. They took it, fixed the leg and painted it yellow. She rocked all of her babies in it, and told my mom she was so glad to know that a young couple got it. Trevor just fixed the leg and we are planning on painting it. I thought it was so cool we found it in the exact same condition they found it in. Yeah we probably should rock our babies in it too. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is a cute story! :) How fun! I love it!
ReplyDelete