Summer

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Gestational Diabetes

Last week I had to go get my blood work done to find out if I have gestational diabetes. It was NOT a fun experience. Right after I drank the orange flavored drink Tuesday morning I started feeling quesy. You have to drink it on an empty stomach and little carter doesn't like my stomach being empty! Then I had to wait an hour and drive down to springville.

The lady drew my blood and had me lay down on the table while she did it. (My body really doesn't like giving blood. Past experiences have told me so!) I'm glad I was laying down becuase when she was done I was feeling really light headed! 

About 5 minutes after we left I started throwing up. I had a Burger King sack in the car with us so I grabbed it. Well let me tell you, paper sacks hold liquid for about 10 seconds, then the bottom of the bag broke open!! Needless to say, that orange drink ended up all over on the floor of our car. I knew I would have to do it again if bad results came back so at my appointment this morning I was worried to find out the news.

 You want to have your results come back below 140. Mine came back at 118! Hallelujah! I don't have gestational diabetes! Bring on the holiday treats! :]


The most horrible drink imaginable!

1 comment:

  1. Way to freak me out! I was reading this whole thing expecting you to say you had it! Good thing you don't! And we need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete