Summer

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ren-Dez-Vous

Hello Everyone.
I can't believe that it is already September. Time goes by so fast! This past weekend I was able to go to Wyoming for a rendezvous. Now if your like me you probably have no idea what that word means or how to even pronounce it. (I had to look up the spelling for like 5 minutes!) To me the word should be pronounced like it looks Ren-dez-vous
Here is the definition: Rendezvous (Rawn-day-voo): The Fort Bridger Rendezvous is an annual reenactment of trading which took place during the Fur Trade Era between Mountain Men, Native Americans, Fur Trappers and traders. Marksmanship contests are held with rifles of the time period, along with axe throwing contests and archery. Foods of the time period are also sold, and the Fort Bridger Historical site has workshops people can get involved in to learn about what life was like in those days.

So pretty much I got to dress up like an 1800's girl for the weekend. Awesome right?? I actually got to the point where I thought I could really live in that time period. (I really couldn't. I am too high maintenance.) I even got to touch a real buffalo and wolf hide. Eh. I don't think that I could ever skin or shoot an animal... I have a feeling I will have to sooner or later though.

I hope everyone is doing well with school, moving out, work and/or jobs! 



2 comments:

  1. Megan that is so funny! I had a student who wore his rondevoux (whatever) clothes to school every once in a while. He put a bear hide on his head and seriously wore it to school at Logan High. I almost died the first day. I couldn't even teach. Every once in a while, he would dress up like Mario too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan.. you really need to update your blog, HONESTLY its almost september! i want you to know that every other day i check to see if you've update.. and recently i've become disappointed!!!! :( very disappointed!

    (sigh)

    ReplyDelete